|Home||» Services||» Testing Services||» Metallography Testing Services|
Metallography Testing Services
- Minimum Order Quantity
- Unit of Measure
- 80 INR
- FOB Port
- Payment Terms
- Cash Advance (CA)
- Supply Ability
- As per client requirement Per Day
- Delivery Time
- 10-15 Days
- Sample Policy
- Contact us for information regarding our sample policy
- Packaging Details
- We Have Analysis/Testing The Material As Per Requirements Of Client With Humbly Satisfaction. All Types Of Material Testing Services Available In Our Laboratory.
- Main Export Market(s)
- Africa, Middle East, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, North America, Central America, Australia, Asia
- Main Domestic Market
- All India
Metallography Testing Laboratory
Metallography is that branch of science which deals with the study of properties and structure of metals and alloys by making use of X-Ray Diffraction and other Microscopic Techniques. The main objective of carrying out metallographic tests is to examine the microstructure of any metal or an alloy sample. The three dimensional arrangement of the atomic elements ranging from 1µm to 1mm is examined by the means of Light Optical or Scanning Electron Microscope.
Some of the interesting features which are studied under microstructure are phase transformation, volume fractions, grain size, phases, grain boundaries, morphology, effective case depth, banding, non-metallic inclusions in steel, porosity, cross contamination and several others. The microstructures signify the mechanical properties such as corrosion resistance, toughness, strength, mechanical workability and ductility and influence their applications. The specimen preparation for carrying out metallographic testing is a very crucial step and JK LAB has set a well devoted workshop for this purpose. The steps that needs to be followed for sample preparation are documentation, sectioning, cutting, mounting, planar grinding, rough polishing, final polishing, etching, microscopic analysis and hardness testing
Significance of Metallographic studies:
- It gives an idea about the composition of an alloy, like the amount of Carbon in Steel, % of Tin present in Bronze, etc.
- It gives information about the annealing temperature, tempering and quenching ranges.
- It signifies the type and extent of corrosion, internal and external both.
- It provides details about the nature of surface coating.
- It provides information about the manufacturing details of an object like soldering, welding, casting, etc.
- Because a complete knowledge of microstructure of metals and alloys is required to understand and control their behavior thus, JK LAB offers metallographic testing facilities which aids to quality assurance, failure analysis and also research and development.
Tests under Metallographic Testing:
- Hardness Testing: Rockwell, Vicker, Knoop, Microhardness and Case depth.
- Coating Testing: Adhesion, Bend test, Spot test, Weight test, Thickness test, pore count, SEM, etc.
- Metals Chemistry: Coating weight, Elemental analysis through ICP-OES, Density and Specific gravity, etc.
- Forming Evaluation: Bend test, Flare test, Coil test
- Microstructure Evaluation: SEM, Heat treatment, Weld evaluation, Grain size, Carburization and Decarburization, Case depth, Casting discontinuous, Inclusion content, etc.
- Corrosion Rate Testing
- Radiography, Ultrasonic and Eddy Current Testing
We Have Analysis/Testing The Material As Per Requirements Of Client With Humbly Satisfaction.
All Types Of Material Testing Services Available In Our Laboratory.
All The Clients Are Requested To Send Their Samples Through Courier Only, As We Will Not Be Able To Entertain Any Client At The Lab.