In any civil construction, mainly buildings, fly overs, highways etc. there is a greater need for ensuring safety and longevity; There is also a growing awareness among builders, consultants, architects to test the quality of construction related materials.
In recognition to this fact, it is highly imperative that raw materials used in the construction should be tested in conformance with appropriate standards.Ã
Cement & Building Materials
Building Materials division of the Institute provides Testing and Inspection expertise in the field.
In Building Materials we provide necessary quality checkups and assessment of various Construction materials.
Ordinary Portland Cement(OPC)
Portland Pozzalana Cement(PPC)
White Portland Cement(WPC)
Sulphate Resistant Cement(SRC)
Portland Slag Cement(PSC)
High Alumina Cement(HAC)
Acid Resistant Tiles
Roofing Slate Tiles
- Building Limes
- Building Bricks
Common burnt Clay Bricks
Acid Resistant Bricks
- Building Stones
- Concrete Pozzalanic Material
Fresh Concrete Fly
Concrete Micro silica
- Admixtures Thermal Insulation Materials
Board Retarders GRG
Board Water reducers AAC
- Pipes Flooring
Cement Concrete SRC Pipes
Cement Mortar AC Pressure Pipes
- Sanitary Wares Water Repellent Squatting Pan Silicon
Water Repellent Flushing
System Sink and Traps Wash basin
Chemical Analysis: -
LOI, SiO2, AlO3, MgO, Fe2O3, CaO, Cl, SO3, Na2o, K2O, Insoluble Residue Lime Saturation factor Tri calcium Silicate, Tetracalcium Silicate, Tetra Calcium Alumino ferrite.
Physical Analysis: -
Soundness, Fineness, Specific Gravity, Drying shrinkage, Compressive Strength, Setting Time, Consistency, Whiteness, Heat of
- Impact value
- Bulk density
- Water absorption
- Crushing value
- Sieve analysis
- Specific Gravity
- Stripping value
- Elongation index
- Flakiness index
- 10% Fines value
- Deleterious Materials
- Alkali Aggregate Reactivity
- Stone Polishing Valve
- Retained Tensile Strength
- Tiles Bricks
Resistance to Chemicals
Compressive StrengthModulus of RuptureCold
Permanent Linear Change
Resistance to WearWater
- Cement Mortar and Concrete Pozzalanic Materials
Ratio of Ingredients
Pozzalanic Activity Index
- Building Limes Sanitary Wares
Residue on Slaking
Dimensions Workability Bumps
Popping and Pitting
- Building Stones Admixtures
Compressive Strength Water Absorption
Loss of Work ability Specific Gravity
Setting Time Freezing and Thawing Slump
Bleeding Modulus of RuptureSpecific Gravity
Solid contentChemical analysis
- Asbestos- Cement Sheets Pipes
Transverse Bending Strength
- Non destructive Testing (NDT)AAC Blocks
Rebound Hammer Test
Ultra Sonic Pulse Velocity
- Gypsum Board
Absorption Mass Per Meter
- Quality Evaluation of cements as per European Standards BSEN 197 & BSEN 196.
- Non Destructive and Semi Destructive Testing of concrete for the estimation of Compressive Strength, Ensuring Uniformity, Homogeneity, Detection of Cracks, Voids and Monitoring Changes in the properties of Concrete with time.
- Design Mix of Concrete including Raw Materials Testing, Trial Mixing and Final Mix Preparation
- Site Inspection of Roads made up of Concrete and other new Materials.
- Complete Quality Assurance Services for the Raw Materials and Finished Products
- Studies on various types of Admixtures and additives such as fly ash, Microsilica and other Pozzolanic Materials
- Pre and Post Construction Quality Checks
- Inspection and Quality Evaluation of Building Stones of Various varieties for Export purposes.
- Site Inspections for the Measurement of the Structure.
- New Method Developments Works.
- Inspection of Cement and other Building materials.
- Inspection of Strengthening work for Concrete Roads
- Site Inspection of the Roads made of conctete and new materials.
Rebound Hammer, Core Drilling System, Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity, Stone Polishing ValueUnit, Ferro scan, Flexural Strength Machine for tiles, Compression Testing Machine, Modulus of Rupture Unit, Concrete Permeability Unit, Universal Testing Machine Water Permeability Unit, Air Permeability Unit, Concrete Mixer Mortar Mixer Impact Tester, Elongation Gauges, Crushing Value Tester, Flakiness Gauges, Slump tester, Automatic Sieve Shakers Autoclaves, Moh's Hardness Scale, Heat of Hydration unit, Vicat Unit, Length Comparator, Flexural strength machine for concrete.
Some of the generally followed published literatures are as listed below:-
- Indian standard Specifications (ISS)
- British Standard Specifications (BSS)
- American Standards (ASTM and AASHTO)
- European Standards (EN)
- German Standards (DIN)
- Japanese Standards (JIS)
- Canadian Standards (CSA)
- International Standards (ISO)
- Saudi Arabian Standards (SAS)
- Indian Road Congress Specifications (IRC)
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MORTH)
- Central Public Work Standard (CPWD)