Polymers comprises broad spectrum of materials including Plastics, Rubber, Resins and Fibers. They find application in various sectors of life from domestic to strategic applications. Testing and characterization of polymers are important to assess the quality and performance of materials and products made of them. We offer broad range of testing and research services to customers from various sectors.
Our Customers Include
- Product/Raw material manufacturing industries that want to test their Product or Raw material for certification, research, identification of the nature or composition of competitors/market-picked products.
- Govt. agencies/Independent agencies who want to ensure the quality of incoming materials.
- Research organizations that want to characterize materials for research.
Services We Offer
- Consulting services for the diagnosis and technical evaluation of processes and products, solution of problems in situ.
- Characterization of polymeric materials.
- Research & development projects.
- Contractual projects for troubleshooting, problem solving and technology development.
- Development of new testing facilities/methods as per customer requirements.
- Quality control testing and certification.
- Site Inspection and Certification.
- Third party quality checks.
- Setting up of the new laboratories and development and implementation of quality systems.
- Inspection and quality checks of polymeric products for exports, Government supply and vendor development
Testing Services For Plastics, Rubber, Resins And Adhesive MaterialsRoutine Tests
Tensile properties (Tensile Strength, Modulus, Elongation)
Flexural Properties (Flexural Strength, Modulus)
Hardness (Shore Hardness, Rockwell, IRHD)
Compression strength, Bulk modulus
Izod Impact strength
Adhesive properties (Peel, Shear)
Thermal Analysis (DSC, DTA, TGA)
DSC (Melting point, Glass Transition, Specific heat, Heat capacity, Crystallinity, Oxidation Induction Time)
TGA (Filler content, Weight loss, Thermal Stability, Acetate content of EVA)
Coefficient of thermal Expansion HDT (Heat Distortion Temp.) & VSP (Vicat Softening Point)
Thermal Stability and Reversion of PVC pipes
MFI (Melt Flow Index)
Brook field Viscosity
- Weathering Tests
(Colour fastness, Change in physicomechanical properties)
Xenon Arc Weatherometer - BetaLM
- Special Tests
Flammability test (UL and other National and International Standards)
Limiting Oxygen Index
MVTR (Moisture Vapour Transmissions Rate)
Ozone Resistance Test
Identification and Decoding of Polymeric raw materials and Products
Filler content/Carbon Black content
Migration tests for food and medicine packages
Trace elemental analysis in polymers etc.
Resistance to chemicals, acids, and alkalis
Loss on heating
Effect of liquids (Ageing of Rubber in Oil/Emulsions/Other Fluids )
Ageing studies (Air/Humidity)
Environmental Stress Cracking
Trace elements (Pb,Cd,Sn,Hg,Mn,Fe,Cu etc)
Acid value, Amine value, KOH number
Rubber Hydrocarbon Content
K value of PVC
HCL gas generation
Resistance to staining
Total/ Free Sulfur content in Vulcanized Rubber
Delta E values
Sample Preparation Facilities for Rubber and Plastics
We have Injection Moulding, Compression Moulding, and Machining facilities for preparation of samples as per IS/ASTM/ISO/DIN standards for Thermoplastics, Thermosets and Rubber Materials. For blending and mixing we are equipped with Extruders and Two-roll mill.
We also carry out testing of various polymeric products and raw materials as per relevant IS/ASTM codes.
Upholstery parts (Foam, Trims etc)
Cable and Underhood Parts
Weathering of Polymeric Parts
Thermal cyclic tests
- Building and Construction Materials
Window profiles and furniture
Floor tiles & roofs
Water proofing membranes
- Adhesives, Sealant
Latex Type Adhesives
Solvent Based Adhesives
Pressure Sensitive Tapes
- Other Products
Automotive Tyres, Tubes
Flexible and Rigid Foams Products
Fiber Reinforced Plastic Products
- Flexible Packaging
Polyethylene Films and Bags
Multilayered X-laminated films
- Strategic Application Industries
Aerospace and Aircraft Parts
Ship & Boat Parts
Geotextiles & Geomembranes